Bhubaneswar, 21/12: Many important decisions has been taken at the cabinet meeting under the chairmanship of CM Naveen Patnaik
• An assistance of Rs 3000 will be provided for reparing of houses to the beneficiaries of Biju Pucca Ghar, Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar and Mining Area Pucca Ghar schemes.
• Similarly, the families that have been deprived of housing benefits under Central scheme will be given an assistance of Rs 5000 for reparing of their existing houses.
• The amount will be transferred directly to the accounts of beneficiaries. About 30 lakh families will be benefited.
• The State Government will spend Rs 1444 crore for the purpose from Biju Pucca Ghar Scheme.
• The State Government will continue to make endeavour for providing housing assistance to people under the central scheme. If the centre does not listen to the justified demands of the people of the state, then the State Government will make efforts to provide houses to people on its own.
• Odisha is a leading State in the entire country in rural housing.
• Since 2014, the State Government has spent more than Rs 22 thousand crore for rural housing.