New Delhi, 23/4: A man was killed and three others injured when the battery of an electric two-wheeler exploded in their house in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday. The incident took place in Vijayawada early Saturday when the man had kept the battery on charging in the bedroom.
Shiva Kumar, his wife and their two children sustained burn injuries. Hearing their screams, neighbours rushed to their rescue and transported them to a hospital, where Shiva Kumar succumbed while his wife is stated to be in a critical condition.
The man had reportedly purchased the electric scooter on Friday. The name of the manufacturer and other details are awaited. This is the second such fatal incident in the Telugu states in less than a week.