Maharashtra, 9/1 (AO Bureau): A fire broke out in the children’s ward at the government hospital in Bhandara, Maharashtra, at 2 pm. 10 newborns died alive in the fire. The age of these children is being told from one day to 3 months. Children who had not yet seen the face of life properly. A great carelessness took his life.
According to the information, a total of 17 children were present in the ICU ward, out of which 10 could not be saved. When the nurse on duty opened the door and saw smoke all around the room, she immediately told the hospital officials. After which the fire brigade reached the spot and started the rescue operation with the help of people in the hospital. The cause of the fire has not been completely clear yet, but sources are telling us that the fire occurred due to a short circuit.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has spoken to Health Minister Rajesh Tope regarding the accident. Along with this, the Chief Minister also talked to the District Collector and the Police Captain. Uddhav Thackeray has also ordered an inquiry.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed grief over the incident saying that we have lost many young lives. He wrote, “Heart-wrenching tragedy in Bhandara, Maharashtra, where we have lost precious young lives. My thoughts are with all the bereaved families. I hope the injured recover as early as possible.”
Heart-wrenching tragedy in Bhandara, Maharashtra, where we have lost precious young lives. My thoughts are with all the bereaved families. I hope the injured recover as early as possible.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 9, 2021