Puri, 24/4 (AO Bureau): As the number of Corona infections in the state continues to rise, the Sree Mandir administration has made a big decision keeping this in mind. The shrine has been closed until May 15 to reduce the risk of infection. During this time, only the Lord’s Nitikanti will be performed in the temple. Krishan Kumar, the temple’s chief administrator, made the decision after holding discussions with the temple administration, the district magistrate, the SP and the Chhattisgarh recruitment service at today’s virtual meeting.
It was decided at the meeting that
1. The Shri Jagannath Temple will be closed to the public till May 15. All daily rituals will continue with the help of the service and temple officials.
2. Regular screening and testing will be carried out by family members and temple officials to quickly identify and provide effective treatment for the coronavirus.
3. The Covid Care Center, which is operational at the Nilachal Passenger Home, will be strengthened as needed. In addition, the Covid Care Center will be regularly reviewed.
୪. Arrangements will be made to transfer the victim to Bhubaneswar for treatment of critically ill corona victims. Administrator-Development will act as the nodal officer on behalf of the temple administration. Arrangements are being made at Sam and other hospitals in Bhubaneswar for the treatment of critically ill corona victims.
5. Masks, sanitizers, social distance will be maintained
4. Attention will be paid to those who are involved in the daily service and worship of the Lord and who are involved in the construction of chariots.
୭. All preparations for the construction of the chariot will continue according to the chariot tradition. It will take advanced steps to purchase masks and sanitizers during sandalwood, bathing and chariot rides.