New Delhi, 9/2(AO Bureau): BJD MP Dr Sasmit Patra is known to be quite vocal about raising important issues related to Odisha in Rajya Sabha. He has also been praised for his strong opinion and intellectual way of articulation. Today also he raised several issues concerning Odisha’s development and pending with the Centre. These demands are as follows.
1. Inclusion of Sambalpuri/Kosali and Ho languages in 8th Schedule of Indian Constitution
2. Second AIIMS Hospital of Odisha in Sundargarh District
3. Establishment of Odisha Vidhan Parishad
4. Special Category Status for Odisha due to facing natural calamities
5. Establishment of Shree Jagannath International Airport at Puri
6. Telecommunication coverage as 2235 villages in Odisha dont have coverage
7. Banking coverage in 70 per cent Gram Panchayats not present, Banking coverage needs to increase
8. Issues of Coal Royalty, Clean Energy Cess and Coastal Highway are pending as well.
He hoped the Centre would take due action to expedite these pending issues.