Mumbai, 14/4 (Ao Bureau): The rising cases of Coronavirus have once again caused problems for people. The Maharashtra government has decided to impose a lockdown to protect people from Corona. For the next 15 days, shoots of TV serials, ad shoots, and films have also been completely stopped. In such a situation, the filmmakers and the film association are now fearing the loss of crores of rupees to the industry. Recently, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray (CM Uddhav Thackeray) announced a 15-day lockdown.
The order has been implemented from 8 am to 1 pm on May 1, under the order of ‘Break the Chain’ announced by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray (CM Uddhav Thackeray). In this announcement, he said that only essential services will be allowed to work during this period. The list of essential services was not included in the name of the film and TV industry.
After this decision, theaters will remain closed for 15 days, due to which the films released in the next two weeks have been eclipsed. Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) President BN Tiwari said that this decision of the state government is a ‘very big setback’. This will have a profound effect on our daily laborers. There are about 100 shoots going on in Maharashtra, including film and TV. The big shooting has been put on hold right now, but the shooting of small projects of TV and Bollywood is going on. He said that he will talk to CM Thackeray about this.
Last year, some reports claimed that when the lockdown was imposed across the country due to the corona epidemic, the film industry suffered a loss of about Rs 8,000 crore.